We, at Etihad Export Credit Insurance Company PJSC (ECI), care about your personal information. This privacy notice explains the type of personal data collected about you, the methods used to collect your personal information and the way it is processed. It also explains the methods of data keeping. We further explain your rights to access, correct, or object to the processing of the information (including requesting deletion, subject to applicable laws and regulations).
Please read this notice carefully before providing us with your personal data.
It is your choice to provide us with personal information. You may refrain from providing us with personal data. However, this may result in preventing us from providing any service to you or affect our ability to provide you with our services. By using this website, providing your personal information, or making an application to avail yourself of any of our services, you give your consent to the collection, use, disclosure, retention, handling and processing of your personal information for the purposes of processing your applications and providing the services.
Who is the “data controller”?
ECI the “data controller” which means that ECI is the legal entity in control of the personal information it collects and is required by law to ensure policies, processes and procedures are in place to safeguard this information and respect the rights of the individuals whose data is collected.
What kind of personal information we collect about you?
Depending on the information you provide or preferences you select, ECI may collect different types of personal data about you, which includes:
- your name, email address, telephone number, job title, company name.
- when visiting our website, we collect information about you by using cookies (please refer to the section below about cookies).
- Information we obtain from third parties who have such information (e.g. information services providers) or publicly available sources (e.g. commercial registers, stock exchange, credit information bureau).
For the purposes of providing our services, we collect information about:
- In respect of commercial entities: trade sectors, trade names, names of the legal representatives such as directors and general managers, and information regarding your creditworthiness (e.g. payment and risk incidents).
- Sole traders, sole establishments or other closely held businesses: name of the owner of the business, his email address, physical address, trade sector, legal form, names of the representatives such as the general manager and power of attorney holders, and information regarding your creditworthiness (e.g. payment and risk incidents).
- The above mentioned information may be collected through third parties such as credit rating agencies and government agencies.
Why ECI needs to collect and use your personal information?
ECI collects your personal information to ensure effective communication with you and maintain proper records about its customers for the purposes of providing its services and further developing such services to better serve its customers. We use your personal information on the basis of your consent, to:
- provide, improve, and develop our services;
- communicate with you;
- keep you updated on our products and services;
- prepare offers for our products, deliver the services to you and comply with the contractual provisions;
- set up and maintain your account with us;
- provide technical support and other related purposes; and
- comply with law enforcement procedures, or where required comply with court orders, government regulations, or government authorities.
Where will the personal information be processed?
Your personal information may be processed both inside and outside of the United Arab Emirates. Such processing will always be subject to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations. ECI will not disclose your personal information to any party who is not authorized to process them. All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
For how long will ECI keep your personal information?
ECI will retain your personal information for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected, or if you enter into a contract with ECI, for so long as you have a contractual relationship with ECI and thereafter to defend legal claims. In all cases, your personal information may be retained for the statutory period during which business records are required to be maintained in accordance with the applicable laws of the United Arab Emirates. Thereafter, ECI will delete your personal information.
What are the rights you have in respect of your personal information?
To the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have the right to:
- access your personal information;
- request the update or correction of your personal information so that it remains updated and accurate;
- obtain your personal information in an electronic format for you or for another controller;
- restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, for example, where you have contested the accuracy of your personal information, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- where applicable, file a complaint with the data controller and/or the relevant data protection authority.
- you may exercise these rights by contacting us and providing your name and email address as well as the purpose of your request.
Which methods are used to collect personal information?
We collect only the personal information that you voluntarily provide through the website by filling out online forms or that you otherwise allow us to collect according to the cookie preferences you selected when you first accessed website. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and if you do so we will discontinue the processing of your data collected on this website. You can withdraw your consent by sending an official communication to.
What are the cookies?
There are different types of cookies as follows:
- Session Cookies
A session cookie allows ECI to store your actions during your browsing session (e.g. your log-in data). Session cookies are erased when you close your browser or exit our website.
- Persistent Cookie (or “tracking cookies”)
A persistent cookie is stored on your device. These cookies help us to remember your preferences or actions every time you visit the website until the expiry date of the cookie. These cookies are also used to keep you logged on to our website. As soon as the cookie is deleted, you need to enter your log-in credentials again.
Contact for Queries
Do we update this privacy notice?
ECI regularly reviews and updates it privacy notice and make changes to it from time to time. This is in particular applicable to ensure compliance with the data privacy rules and regulations. We will ensure the most recent version of this privacy notice is uploaded to the website and we may also notify you directly via email in the event of changes to our privacy notice. This privacy notice was last updated on 12/09/19.